At the February meeting, we will be working on staging, stage presence, phrasing, and performance, in preparation for the April 25 concert.
This will be lots of fun!
Just show up as your usual charming self, and watch your stage performance start to transform before your eyes! We work with all levels of stage performers, so no need to be nervous.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring in any gear you may need for standing and singing onstage (shoulder strap, capo, tuner, iPad, lyric sheets, etc.).
- We will provide music stand, tall chair, mic, and amp(s).
FROM NOW UNTIL THE FEBRUARY MEETING, WORK ON THIS LIST:
- Finish Your Song (completely).*
- Record your song. If I don’t have a video of your song, make a simple home recording on your phone, or home studio gear is fine. Nothing fancy at this point.
- Finish your lyric sheet completely (with chords) – neatly written or typed. Make sure your verses and choruses are separated on the sheet, and easy to read.
- Copyright your song: http://www.copyright.gov
*CHOOSE A SONG FROM YOUR RECENT CATALOG WHICH YOU FEEL IS WORTHY TO BUILD AN ALBUM AROUND. (We will be using this one song over the next few months to finish completely, copyright, and perform in the Spring Concert in April.)