Our March 28 concert rehearsal is cancelled!
Location: Oasis of Hope Center, 1937 S G St Tacoma, WA 98405
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring in any gear you may need for standing and singing onstage (shoulder strap, capo, tuner, iPad, lyric sheets, etc.).
- Bring your guitar (or other instrument) PLUS Bring any gear you would use for a normal solo setup (amp, mic, music stands)
- We will provide music stand, guitar stands, tall chair, mic, and amp(s).
The venue has a sound system, a board and PA system, but we have been told the acoustics are really bad in this auditorium, so we will be setting up individual gear to see if it solves the problem. We want to test out everything on our rehearsal date to try all of our options. Thanks for your cooperation! We will be bringing: 2 Shure mics 2 Floor mic stands 1 boom mic for vocal 2 Alto speaker/monitors with vocal mic hookup 4 Music stands 4 Guitar stands 1 Tall Chair 14 Track mixer Cords Gaffers Tape Performance Carpet Copies of music for the band
REMINDER TO ALL SONGWRITERS!
Register your friends, family, and yourself for the concert. To obtain complimentary tickets for this event, go to: http://event.attendstar.com/event/show/christian-songwriters-concert/
FROM NOW UNTIL THE REHEARSAL, WORK ON THIS LIST:
- Staging, stage presence, phrasing, and performance, in preparation for the April 25 concert.
- Record your song. If I don’t have a video of your song, make a simple home recording on your phone, or home studio gear is fine. Nothing fancy at this point. This is for band practice. Send it to Ann at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finish your lyric sheet completely (with chords) – neatly written or typed. Make sure your verses and choruses are separated on the sheet, and easy to read.
- Copyright your song: http://www.copyright.gov